Aydın Doğan Award
The Aydın Doğan Foundation organized an award under the name of its owner, Aydın Doğan in 1996 in order to encourage creatives in cultural, artistic, literary and scientific areas in our country, and reward them for their work.
The Aydın Doğan Award is granted annually to high-achieving individuals in their respective areas. The Board of the Foundation meticulously determines the sections for the awards and ensures that the selection committees include the most proficient individuals of the said area, who pay great attention to objectivity in their decision-making.
Since its establishment, the Aydın Doğan Foundation has annually rewarded people who have contributed to their country, to the world and to humanity, and who are the most prestigious, well-known individuals at the height of their careers in different areas such as culture, the arts, literature and science.
The Aydın Doğan Awards aim to contribute to enhancing Turkish people’s culture and quality of life, and are considered among Turkey's most prestigious awards.
- The 2019 Aydın Doğan Award was given in the Cinema section to Şener Şen.
- This year's recipient of the Aydın Doğan Award, given by the Aydın Doğan Foundation (ADV) to reward cultural, artistic, literary and scientific works through the relevant artists was Arif Sağ, renowned Turkish Folk Music artist.
- 2017Art: Neş'e ErdokThe Aydın Doğan Award, given every year since 1996 by the Aydın Doğan Foundation, is given this year to Neş'e Erdok, one of the pioneers of Turkish contemporary art with her figurative narrative.
- The 20th Aydın Doğan Award was given to AFAD, T.R. Disaster and Emergency Management
- The 19th Aydın Doğan Award winner is Orhan Pamuk.
- Ozan Sağdıç was selected for the Aydın Doğan Award in Photography for his continued presence in the field since the 1950’s.
- The 17th Aydın Doğan Award was given to Prof. Dr. Nevzad Atlığ and the Turkish Music Foundation in the “Turkish Music” section.
- The Aydın Dogan Reward was given to Selim İleri.
- Mehmet Özbek was deemed worthy of the Aydın Doğan Award, given in the Turkish Folk Music section in 2011, for his artistic services to Turkish Folk Music as a soloist, choirmaster, compiler, and composer; for his corporate services for the İstanbul Municipality Conservatory Folklore Practice Community, for TRT İstanbul Radio and TRT Music Division Directory as Branch Manager and Music Division Director; for his administrative services as the founding chief and manager of the Ministry of Culture Turkish Folk Music Choir; for the national and international concerts given and directed by him; for the musical works he composed and scored, along with the works he contributed to the general folk music repertoire and the students educated during his academic life.
- The 2010 Aydın Doğan Award was given in the Cinema section to Nuri Bilge Ceylan.
- The 2009 Aydın Doğan Award was given for the field of Theatre, where Genco Erkal was deemed worthy of the award for his works and efforts towards enhancing the theatrical arts.
- The 2008 Aydın Doğan Award was given for Sculpture, where Seyhun Topuz was deemed worthy of the award for his contributions to the modern art of sculpture by maintaining and improving the abstract-minimalist discipline, and for his rigorous work in the field to date.
- The 2007 Aydın Doğan Award was given in Fashion Design, to Özlem Süer and Ümit Ünal.
- The 2006 Aydın Doğan Award was given in Painting and Adnan Varınca.
- The 2005 Aydın Doğan Award was given in Urban Architecture, Urban Fabric, and the "Reorganization Project for İzmir Konak Square and Vicinity" and “Improvement Project for Kastamonu Historical Urban Fabric” were deemed worthy of the award.
- The 2004 Aydın Doğan Award was given in Turkish Folk Music to Yücel Paşmakçı.
- The 2003 Aydın Doğan Award was given in Archeology, and Ord. Prof. Dr. Sedat Alp and Prof. Dr. Altan Çilingiroğlu were deemed worthy of the award by taking into consideration their efforts in the field of archeology since the foundation of the republic, and of the efforts, works and accumulated contributions of all individuals within the field of archeology who have achieved internationally acknowledged success during their careers.
- The 2002 Aydın Doğan Award was given to the “Ankara State Conservatory”.
- The 2001 Aydın Doğan Award was given in History to İlber Ortaylı.
- The 2000 Aydın Doğan Award was given in Poetry to Melih Cevdet Anday.
- The 1999 Aydın Doğan Award was given in Visual Arts, and Ara Güler was deemed worthy of the award for his authentic work in the field of photography.
- The 1998 Aydın Doğan Award was given in Social Sciences and Humanities to Prof. Dr. Doğan Kuban and Prof. Dr. Emre Kongar.
- The Aydın Dogan Foundation Reward was given to Adalet Ağaoğlu.