Beyazıt State Library is the first library established by the state, and was built as the soup kitchen/alms house part of the Sultan II. Bayezid Social Complex and allocated by Sultan II. Abdülhamid as a library in 1882.
The Foundation participated in the restoration project to transform the building, damaged in the 1999 earthquake, into both a library, and research facility, and cultural centre in cooperation with the Tabanlıoğlu Architecture Group. The building was then donated to the T.R. Ministry of Culture and Tourism.